My passion is being active. I find it disheartening when athletic pursuits lead to aches, pains, and injuries when the goal is to strengthen the body and improve health. I am also incredibly frustrated with the lack of scientifically-backed fitness practices that exist in our world. I’ve dedicated my coaching pursuits to finding the most efficient, effective ways to train for particular goals while incorporating injury prevention techniques that allow clients to care for their bodies so they can be active throughout their lives. I also believe in education, in teaching others about their bodies, fitness, and nutrition so they can live independent of a coach or trainer.
- My dad was the first person who called me K8
- Born and raised in Southern California
- Played soccer for 14 years while growing up and dabbled in swimming, volleyball, karate, dancing (East Coast Swing, Salsa, Jazz),
- Member of the Santa Clara Vanguard Drum and Bugle Corps ’08 and ’09
- Ran the full San Diego Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon 2010
- Nowadays, I really like to rock climb, play soccer, and dance
- Ask me about my dog, Tonks!
- Attended and graduated from UCLA with a B.S. in Physiology (2009-2014)
- Worked as an EMT through the UCLA Police Department
- Pursuing a Master’s of Science in Kinesiology with dual emphases in Sports Conditioning and Corrective Exercise/Orthopedic Rehabilitation from A. T. Still University
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) through NSCA
- Certified in Rock Tape Functional Movement Techniques Basic and Performance
- Functional Movement Screen Level 1 Certification
- Attended Perry Nickelston’s Primal Movements Seminar
- Interned Summer 2017 at Cressey Sports Performance in Hudson, MA with Eric Cressey training baseball players and pitchers of all ages.
- Mastering the Big 3 workshop by the Strength House (Greg Robbins, Tony Bonvecchio)
- Attended Perform Better 1-day seminar featuring Rachel Cosgrove, Dan John, Charlie Weingroff, and Martin Rooney in LA, February 2018.
- Worked in various physical therapy clinics as a PT Aide and Admin Assistance
- Certified AMP Specialist (Level 2)
Questions or requests for article topics, contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org