Hi! My name is Kait Ireland.
I’m a Strength and Conditioning Coach (with a Master’s in Kinesiology and Strength and Conditioning Specialist Certification) and a doctorate student of physical therapy.
My passion is being active and living a healthful, fulfilling life. I find it disheartening when athletic, fitness pursuits lead to aches, pains, and injuries when the goal is to strengthen the body and improve health. A lot of these, in my opinion, come from a lack of common knowledge/understanding about the human body and training strategies popularized by individuals with no formal education or experience.
I hate that there is so much nonsense information out there about health and fitness, confusing the world with debates over the minutiae. In my opinion, there are plenty of simple, scientifically-backed fitness practices that can bring people sustainable results.
My personal goal is to be healthy, vibrant, and able-bodied through my entire life without living in a bubble, being super restricted, or spending my life in the gym.
I want to be resilient–physically, mentally, chemically, & emotionally.
I think that a lot of people want this from their training and lifestyle habits, as well
I’ve dedicated my coaching pursuits to finding the most efficient, effective ways to train for life or particular goals while incorporating mindset, injury prevention, education, and awareness techniques that allow clients to care for their minds and bodies so they can be active throughout their lives.
- My dad was the first person who called me K8
- I was born and raised in Southern California
- I played soccer for 14 years while growing up and dabbled in swimming, volleyball, karate, dancing (East Coast Swing, Salsa, Jazz),
- I was a member of the Santa Clara Vanguard Drum and Bugle Corps ’08 and ’09
- I ran the full San Diego Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon 2010 and cried at every mile marker after 20.
- Nowadays, I really like rock climbing, playing soccer, and dancing.
- Ask me about my dog, Tonks!
- Attended and graduated from UCLA with a B.S. in Physiology (2009-2014)
- Worked as an EMT at the UCLA Police Department
- Master’s of Science in Kinesiology with dual emphases in Sports Conditioning and Corrective Exercise/Orthopedic Rehabilitation from A. T. Still University
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) through NSCA
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy Student at University of St. Augustine in San Marcos (graduating 2022)
- Certified in Rock Tape Functional Movement Techniques Basic and Performance
- Functional Movement Screen Level 1 Certification
- Attended Perry Nickelston’s Primal Movements Seminar
- Interned Summer 2017 at Cressey Sports Performance in Hudson, MA with Eric Cressey training baseball players and pitchers of all ages.
- Mastering the Big 3 workshop by the Strength House (Greg Robbins, Tony Bonvecchio)
- Attended Perform Better 1-day seminar featuring Rachel Cosgrove, Dan John, Charlie Weingroff, and Martin Rooney in LA, February 2018.
- Worked in various physical therapy clinics as a PT Aide and Admin Assistance
- Certified AMP Specialist (Level 2)